Finally after Activists of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), who staged a protest by forming a human chain at Rani Chennamma Circle here on Monday, alleged that there had been irregularities in giving pass marks to students applying for re-evaluation.
The Vice-Chancellor, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Karibasappa,
HE has promised to set up a committee to inquire into the allegations of irregularities in the valuation and re-evaluation of answer scripts in last sem exams.
Check out: VTU Time Table Dec 2016 Jan 2017
- Around 50% of students applying for re-evaluation were getting pass marks, which was an indication of either negligence or inefficient valuation by the first and second evaluator of the answer scripts, they alleged.
- The activists demanded corrective measures in the examination system of VTU and reduction of the re-evaluation fee for answer scripts of postgraduate courses.
- The Vice-Chancellor, Karibasappa told a delegation of ABVP activists led by State organizing secretary Rajesh Gurani and zonal organizing secretary Prithvi Kumar that he would look into all the aspects of the examination system and take steps to correct them if needed.
since it’s establishment in 1998…..!!!!!
A Students’ Delegation had a Round Table Conference with
Dr Karisiddappa Sir, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, VTU,
Dr Shekharappa Sir, Registrar (Evaluation), VTU, &
Dr. Jagannatha Reddy Sir, Registrar, VTU 😇
The meeting witnessed very straight forward & frank discussions among the delegates & officials regarding highly confidential facts & issues of Evaluation System, Fee Structure, Scholarships, Quality Education, etc.
Important #OUTCOMES of the meeting are as follows :—
1) Immediate formation of a GRIEVANCE CELL within Next 3 Days, to address ALL GENUINE ISSUES regarding Valuation System, Year Back, Attempted Questions but marked as#Not_Attempted, Large Variation of Marks after Revaluation, etc.
2) #OPEN_DAY_MEET every Month with the Hon’ble VC & both the Registrars of VTU wherein, Any VTU student can approach them & put forward their issues.
3) Maximum number of years for completion of Engineering: Increased from 8 years to 10 years.
4) New Online System for Profile of Professors- wherein detailed record of Each Professor will be made available & their Exam Evaluation Status.
5) Reduction of Challenge Revaluation fees for M.Tech Students to be done very soon.
6) Revision of Exam fees for B.E. students.
7) Proper implementation of Scholarships for Students.
I am grateful to all the Officials of VTU & #ABVPKarnataka for making this much-needed initiative possible..
Thank you for all your support & suggestions….
In a Nutshell,
I think it’s a good news guys; it may not have that much impact, but it will have some good effect, and it will least reduce the irregularities in next exam evaluation, and it’s going to help students.
What’s you take on this comment below:
Source: the hindu