So, you are one of them who wants to make the world a better place, Then welcome to the amazing world of ever-growing Startups.
Welcome to the club.
But what’s next Before you start to take a look at this following tips which are collected from Leading startup founders like Richard Branson founder of Virgin, Elon Musk CEO Elon Musk of Tesla, Solar City & Space X, and List goes on.
How will you guarantee the success of your startup brand?
How will you leave the permanent impression in public memory?
Entrepreneurs know that for every startup success story, there are thousands more that never make it out of the garage or house.
Even startups which raise millions in seed funding also can crash and burn before they establish company
ex: google it we cannot name them here.
Good branding is the first step of any business,
Growth hacking is also necessary this can be done by hiring creative, Experienced people
According to research done by Shikhar Ghosh, a senior lecturer at Harvard Business School,
The failure rate is at 75 percent.
what you will get at end of this mega guide:
- TIPS TO BUILD A GREAT STARTUP
- 30+ Tips for How to Build Your Startup From Scratch
- Everything You Need To Know About How To Build A Startup From Scratch
- 30+ Tips for How to Build A Successful Startup Business from Scratch
- 1 #1. Be here till Success
- 2 #2. Plan your budget according to your Business Plan
- 3 #3. Choose your investors wisely and Take Advice from Experts.
- 4 #4. Focus on building a great product or a great Service.
- 5 #5. Build your brand like a Kingdom and be the king
- 6 #6. Hire people smartly and similar kind of people who are interested in venture
- 7 #7. Research and partners with the resources to make a long-term success.
- 8 #8. Don’t hire college student’s sometimes it is not a better Idea
- 9 #9. Integrate sales and marketing team with company founder’s as early as possible
- 10 #10. Start your core group with people who are passionate about the company, not the financial Incomes give them Equity in Your entity.
- 11 #11. Identify your target market before starting your company
- 12 #12. Learn from competitor’s mistakes
- 13 #13. Get help Don’t Hesitate to ask help from anyone
- 14 #14. Know your purpose must be unique and make it your company slogan
- 15 #15. Do something you love and Helpful
- 16 #16. Believe in yourself and you’re Team
- 17 #17. Surround yourself with supportive people and of same passion
- 18 #18. Learn from criticism from people and always take it in a positive way
- 19 #19. Challenge the impossible
- 20 #20. Keep learning till your last breathe
- 21 #21. Pick a good name must unique and easy to remember
- 22 #22. Concentrate on your customer, not yourself
- 23 #23. Find out what your customers want don’t let market overtake your good ambitions
- 24 #24. Raise the right amount of capital from advice from good people
- 25 #25. Don’t plan forever first set time frame for stepwise execution
- 26 #26.Social Media and online Network
- 27 #27. But don’t forget offline opportunities around you
- 28 #28. Be dedicated to work and ready to work to finish until deadline
- 29 #29. But find time to relax and let work ruin your personal life
- 30 #30. Negotiate everything as much and wherever required
- 31 #31. Don’t give up
- 32 #32. Invest in relationships
- 33 Calling it a day
#1. Be here till Success
Building a startup from scratch can be hard. But this happens only when you don’t do your research and planning clearly.
It is also important that you are sure-footed before beginning any new brand or company or venture. Start by knowing the market you are going to target.
First, ask yourself answers to these questions below:
- Who is your target audience or consumer?
- Who are your competitors big and small?
- What is the scope of growth?
- What are the cost factors involved?
#2. Plan your budget according to your Business Plan
- Drafting a budget for your startup will help you figure out all your money expenses.
- Expenses include how much you have in the beginning, the funding amount you will need from investors, marketing and sales expenses, employee salaries and bonuses and so on
- The investors may ask you to show your budget planning or chart when invited to invest in your venture or startup.
- Begin with estimating your startup costs, followed by the funds you have and required for resources such as materials, the cost of operations and maintenance, min revenues needed for support the business to run, expected profits, etc.
- By keeping all above points in mind, you will be able to create short-term and long-term budget plans and charts and make changes to the same as required.
#3. Choose your investors wisely and Take Advice from Experts.
- If you already have funds for your venture, then there is no problem but if not means finding a right investor is also very crucial for your startup.
- Fundraising for a venture or startup is not an easy job to do, and it is more confusing for first-time entrepreneurs as they don’t have any past experiences or knowledge about how to pitch their startup idea to potential investors or seed funders and where to find and meet them.
- This makes it more confusing to procure the necessary funds for their startup.
- Investors can be more comfortable with the idea of investing in firms whose business models, market niche or processes they are already have been climbed the ladder of growth.
- In means, find an investor who has same vision as yours and passion for the startup
- Before going to potential investors, do a little bit of a background research. Take as much time as you want and think about them before getting started with them. Go ahead only when you have the complete information about the investor, especially the past project(s) they were associated with.
- Advice: – you choose investors who are a part of your same niche.
- Establish a relationship with an investor which will add value to your startup in future
- Voice your opinion from time to time AGAIN AND AGAIN, especially when you are dAAM sure about your decision. This can help you come to a conclusion that is mutually beneficial.
#4. Focus on building a great product or a great Service.
- Building a great product or service for the masses is the most important aspect of a great brand in-the-making from beginning.
- Remember, you may have the world’s most excellent marketing strategies lined up for your product. But if your product or service isn’t anywhere close to your potential customers’ expectations, then they are eventually going to snub
#5. Build your brand like a Kingdom and be the king
- Build your brand as you’re king, and your company is you Kingdom
- Choose your business CTO, COO, and all other leading positions in your business like they are your allies of your
- Have future plan for your allies
#6. Hire people smartly and similar kind of people who are interested in venture
- This can be hard for you but take your time choose wisely
- Your brand’s full future depend’s on them
- So take care of it at highest order of seriousness
#7. Research and partners with the resources to make a long-term success.
- Make partners only after doing some background research and past company profile
- Make long-term planning about how the mutual growth can be achieved
#8. Don’t hire college student’s sometimes it is not a better Idea
- Sometimes it is not a great idea to hire college kids for a job that they don’t have any knowledge of it.
- So hire wisely and smartly. Think of long term
#9. Integrate sales and marketing team with company founder’s as early as possible
- This step must be done as early as possible because you cannot sell a product to marketer and masses without a great sales team
- So team up with marketing and sales team and build a great product.
#10. Start your core group with people who are passionate about the company, not the financial Incomes give them Equity in Your entity.
- This tip doesn’t need any explanation it’s up to you to hire passionate people
#11. Identify your target market before starting your company
- At first start from a small region and then slowly increase the operations and team to all markets globally.
#12. Learn from competitor’s mistakes
- Sometimes your competitor’s mistakes are great source of your success so watch your competitor’s mistakes learn from then and climb the ladder of success
#13. Get help Don’t Hesitate to ask help from anyone
- Now you have the core idea for your brand in place
- it’s time to enlist some outside help creating a great brand
- Unless you have good experience in the graphic design niche or a good knowledge of growth hack marketing, your best bet is to get aid from an experienced, educated professional. You can hire a branding authority, or outsource your work to an agency.
#14. Know your purpose must be unique and make it your company slogan
#15. Do something you love and Helpful
- Do what you love to do
- By doing what you love you can give your 120% to it and you will never get bored of it
#16. Believe in yourself and you’re Team
- Self-doubt can be harmful, so it’s important that you believe in yourself. If you know that you’re putting 150 percent into making your business a success, you’ll find that self-confidence often follows.
- It is also important that you trust and believe in your team as much as you do in yourself
#17. Surround yourself with supportive people and of same passion
#18. Learn from criticism from people and always take it in a positive way
- Take every negativity into positivity
#19. Challenge the impossible
- Everything is impossible till it’s made possible
#20. Keep learning till your last breathe
- Don’t stop learning ever
- For ex: Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg read books daily (and they share it on social media)
#21. Pick a good name must unique and easy to remember
- Everything is in name if you have a great name it will only do half the work of branding
#22. Concentrate on your customer, not yourself
- Always make your customers happy with satisfaction. So that they come again and again
#23. Find out what your customers want don’t let market overtake your good ambitions
- Don’t let marketing and sales team completely ruin your product or service it must be customer friendly and customer satisfactory.
- The first rule of any business “customer is king.”
#24. Raise the right amount of capital from advice from good people
- If have enough money to give your startup every bit of success, bear in mind that having more than required can make you lazy and Of course, you may want the option to access emergency funds—you’ll just have to make sure you can stick to a strict budget and define what exactly an emergency is.
- A business plan is a must needed evil to help you get funding—it can act as the guiding factor and keep you focused on the task at hand. It’s easy to get caught up in the minute details and lose sight of the big picture.
#25. Don’t plan forever first set time frame for stepwise execution
- Make time table and do according to it always
#26.Social Media and online Network
- Harness the power of social media to help connect you with potential employees, partners, clients, providers, or people that can promote your product or service.
- It can be free source of publicity and marketing
- Arrange giveaways contests in social media and gain customer’s
#27. But don’t forget offline opportunities around you
- In today’s world where everyone is concentrating on online opportunities always look around you for offline opportunities around you when your competitors are busy online
#28. Be dedicated to work and ready to work to finish until deadline
#29. But find time to relax and let work ruin your personal life
- While any entrepreneur can expect an increased workload, but you still need to find time to for other things as well. Without being able to relax occasionally, you’ll inevitably suffer from burnout, causing more damage to your business.
#30. Negotiate everything as much and wherever required
- There is always room for negotiation so take that opportunity and make profit out of it
#31. Don’t give up
- Delete the word failure and quite from your dictionary today, Not today now
#32. Invest in relationships
- Always have good relation with your team and investors and most importantly customer’s
- Arrange party and other creative stuff for your staff and keep them happy
- This can help you build great brand from scratch
must read: Best 100+ Startup Ideas
Just in case, Have a Backup Plan Always
Calling it a day
So now you know 30+ great tips for building a great startup from scratch then what are you waiting for start up today and make your startup to Fortune 500.
And do share your views in comments and success stories to our community.