Hello Engineers,Today, we are going to share step by step procedure for getting the VTU Provisional Degree Certificate or PDC, So let’s start with what is VTU provisional degree certificate and why it is required.
What is VTU Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC)?
- VTU Provisional Degree Certificate or PDC is a temporary degree certificate provided to you by VTU until you receive original Degree certificate.
- It’s also called as Convocation Degree certificate, and PDC tells you that you are eligible to receive Convocation Degree certificate.
- In other words, it tells you that you are sure to receive Convocation Degree certificate
Why You need VTU Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC)?
- It is required for applying for jobs or applying for higher studies until you receive degree certificate.
- Provisional degree certificate is essential while applying to any jobs or for joining MBA or M-Tech or M.E.
- You will be asked to submit degree certificate and 8th sem marks card to join job or college for masters.
When can You Apply for VTU Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC)?
- You can apply for VTU PDC only if you got your last semester or 8th sem results and you are passed in it, and cleared all the backlogs if you have any.
- In other words, you can apply for PDC Immediately after you complete your engineering.
Important Note: Apply for vtu pdc as soon as your results announced, then their is chance you can get your vtu pdc in less time, because after a week or more, more students will apply and time frame taken can be more
Time required to get you PDC from VTU:
- Officially, You will get VTU PDC to your address in 15 working days after applying.
- If the traffic is more at VTU office, then the time can extend up to 20 days.
If you cant wait for 15 days, then you can get VTU Provisional Degree Certificate by going to VTU, belagavi or Bengaluru office and you can get it on the same day itself.
Now let’s move on to the main procedure,
How to get VTU Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC)?
Step by step guide to get your VTU PDC,
Documents and things required:
- VTU PDC Application form (download here or you can get it in your college)
- DD of 200 rupees or you can now pay online.
- A Letter to Registrar
- A4 size envelope cover
- Download the PDC application and print it or get it from your college and then fill all the details correctly.
Step 2: Make the DD in the name of VTU with specified fees
- Go to any Nationalized Bank and make a DD of prescribed fee amount you can know the fees by your college or by calling VTU or amount is specified in the above link from where you have downloaded the application.
- Now make the DD in favor of
“ Finance Officer, VTU Belgaum”
- Note: You have to pay service charges to the bank apart from DD charges, which could be 10 to 30 rupees.
- Write your name and USN and contact number behind the original DD.
- Photocopy the DD for future reference and keep it safe until you receive your PDC.
- Now you can pay online also with payumoney @ pay online VTU PDC fees
- If pay the fees online, then remember to print the copy of payment receipt which you will receive in your mail from payumoney.
Step 3:Writing letter to the VTU Registrar
- Write a letter with a clear purpose, To provide the PDC to VTU Registrar.
- Correctly Mention your Name, USN, college, Year of passing, Your Home address, DD number and contact number.
- Put all the documents in A4 Envelope cover such PDC application form, DD or receipt if you paid online, Letter to Registrar.
- Note: Marks card copies not required.
- Write the following address on envelope.
The Registrar (Evaluation)
Visvesvaraya Technological University
Belagavi : 590018
- Speed post it for speedy delivery.
- Or you have following options,
Submit in VTU Bengaluru Regional office, or any other VTU regional office nearest to you and receive in 2-3days.
VTU Bengaluru Regional Centre:
Visvesvaraya Technological University, Regional Center Bengaluru, # 351, CA Site no 2, Karnataka Health & Family Welfare Housing co-operative society Extension, Annapoorneshwarinagar, Nagarbhavi, Bengaluru-560079
- Other VTU Regional offices addresses:
Step 5: Receive your PDC
- you will receive your PDC in 15 working days.
- Note: you can track your Speed post using the speed post receipt number.
- You can see sample pdc in below picture