How to Get Hyderabad Karnataka Reservation 371J certificate • Procedure


Today we will tell you the full procedure for applying for  Hyderabad Karnataka Reservation 371J certificate, Eligibility, application form, Processing time, Validity of 371j certificate, Uses, and Advantages of having Hyderabad – Karnataka 371j certificate in educational and employment fields.What is the procedure for applying for reservation under Article 371(J)?, and What is the use of it?



  • Obtain the study certificate in the format provided by the Hyderabad – Karnataka development board (candidate must have studied at least ten years in Hyderabad – Karnataka region), study certificates must be signed by the BEO officer.
  • Get an affidavit from the court stating that you are the resident of Hyderabad – Karnataka region.
  • Candidate must have at least 3 ID proofs; those must be mentioned in the affidavit. (Driving License, PAN, Birth Certificate, Voter ID, Passport, Adhar, etc.)
  • Get the TAX paid receipts of 10 years old and recently & khata extract of the house in the name of the owner. Or rent agreement document from owner & TAX paid receipts of owners.
  • All documents must be attested.
  • Submit all these documents(attested) at nearest Tehsil office.
  • You will get your Hyderabad – Karnataka certificate 371j in an  around 30 working days

371 j Hyderabad Karnataka Eligibility Certificate Application

Click on image to view

Hyderabad Karnataka Eligibility Certificate Application-1 Hyderabad Karnataka Eligibility Certificate Application Hyderabad Karnataka Eligibility Certificate Application Hyderabad Karnataka Eligibility Certificate Application Hyderabad Karnataka Eligibility Certificate Application Hyderabad Karnataka Eligibility Certificate Application Hyderabad Karnataka Eligibility Certificate Application

 Who is eligible?

  • According to the Karnataka Public Employment (Reservation in Appointment for Hyderabad-Karnataka Region) Order, 2013 issued by the Governor recently, a person will be eligible for reservation under Hyderabad-Karnataka quota if he/she is born in the region or either of his/she parents was born in that region before January 1, 2013.
  • The person will also be eligible if either of  his/her parents lived in the region for more than ten years prior to January 1, 2013, and had their name in the electoral list .
  • A person who owned any immovable property in the local area before the cut off date is also eligible.



  • In case a minimum educational qualification has been prescribed for recruitment to a post, then the candidate will become eligible if he/she has studied in an educational institution in the local area for not less than ten consecutive years.
  • A woman (from outside Hyderabad-Karnataka region) who marries a local person also becomes eligible for the benefits.
  • In all cases, certificates from the competent authorities is required.
  • The competent authorities will have to issue the relevant certificates within thirty days from the date of its receipt of application after verifying required documents.
  • The competent authorities will also have the powers to conduct inquiry to verify the veracity of the claims, the sources said.
  • The government has earmarked 75 per cent of the posts belonging to Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ , 80 per cent of posts of Group C and 85 per cent of posts in Group ‘D’ for the local population.
  • The quota for the local cadres in districts outside Hyderabad-Karnataka has been fixed at eight per cent.

As per Deccan herald report.

HYDERABAD KARNATAKA regionWhat is Article 371-J?

  • It’ll grant special status to six backward districts of Hyderabad-Karnataka region to,
  • Establish a separate Development Board
  • This board will see that sufficient funds are allocated for Development of the region.
  • Local reservation in education and Government-jobs (Domicile requirement.)

Source: Karnataka govt

For any more queries visit the official website of Karnataka govt for Hyderabad – Karnataka reservation certificate 371J.

If you have any doubts please comment below.

Vithalreddy.M.B is the Editor of with a focus on startups, Startup News, Business, and Technology.He is also an Electrical & Electronics Engineer, Technology Lover and Entrepreneur by choice.Started His first startup at 21.


  1. Comment:
    I have studied in HK region for 10+ years. and also lived for 30 years prior to 2013. my mom served there as a government employee. am I eligible to get HK certificate under 371j?

  2. Sir I was born in Bellary district and I have birth certificate of it. But I didnt study in HK region. Am I eligible for claiming HK reservation?

  3. Sir,

    I was born in Hyderabad. But I have studied in HK region for 11 consecutive years including loss of 1 academic year but in 4 different schools / colleges.

    1. Baptist HP School, Sedam (Gulbarga Dist): 1st and 2nd standards for 2 years. The school has shut down and there is no trace of it. I do not have TC copy. But the TC of my next school Bhavan’s Vidyalaya, Kurkunta, Sedam mentions this school as the last school attended.

    2. Bhavan’s Vidyalaya, Kurunta, Sedam: 3rd to 10th standard for 9 years including loss of one academic year. The school shut down in 2009. I have a copy of the TC.

    3. Govt PU College, Sedam: 1st PUC for 1 year. College is still there. I have a TC copy.

    4. Smt Allum Sumangalamma College, Bellary for 1 year. College is still there. I have TC copy.

    How and whom do I apply for my study certificate and eligibility certificate so that my son (not born and not studied in HK Region) becomes eligible for admission to educational institutions in HK Region and other colleges in Karnataka under ARticle 371 J.

    Further, will it be that the Eligibility Certificate will be issued in the name of my son on the basis of my study certificate?

  4. Sir,
    I was born in Bellary district , But i studied 1 to 7th in bellary district only, i did’t have birth certificate, Am i eligible for Claiming this certificate?

  5. Sir
    I Mr Hanamantray G Hirur born and bot up in SHORAPUR taluka gulaburga district ( now yadagiri district ) I completed my 1st to 7th in hagaratagi SHORAPUR taluka gulaburga district and 8th to 10th talikoti but I have my own land in my name in hagaratagi. And my bdate of birth 10th June 1966.
    and already my brothers taken this 371j certificate

    My question is now I leave in hubli from 10 yrs my childrens education1st to 10th in hubli only.
    So my childrens are eligible for this 371j certificate.

    Please suggest

  6. hi..this is basavaraj
    i have birth certificate for HK region..but i have not studied in the father has borned and studied till 7th in the region and even stil he has agriculture land in the region…
    now i am thinking to get HK reservation cerificate for me and my wife..where my wife she not belongs to HK region.
    Please let me is this is possible..

  7. Hi sir my dad is born in raichur n studied till 4th standard n left the schooling,he owns a land in raichur vl he b able 2 get hk certificate

  8. Sir i got HK certificate in 2015 ,at that time their is no RD number at all, for recent Hk certificates it is their .so for to get rd number on my HK certificate what i need to submit now ?and where i need to submit ?

  9. Hi sir,
    I studied in bidar till my Post – grad.My son studied in Bangalore .I don’t have any asset in bidar.My husband is from Maharashtra.Is my son eligible for HK certificate?

  10. hi sir is HK certificate helpful for mbbs aspiring students, means neet 2017 writing students do they have any special quota in neet qualifing exam because i got to know that neet had depried the reservation of hk region under article 371j and did state govt file an appeal for relaxation of hyderabad-karnataka region,which is the most backward region

  11. Sir, i served in raichur and bellary district from 1998 to till date, my son studied 10th standard, but i am native of bangalore, i have voter id dated 2009, will my son eligible for HK certificate

  12. Sir we are staying in kalaburgi Karnataka for last 65 years and citizen of India my dad studied in kalaburgi and I studied in kalaburgi from 1st to 10th and finished my 11 th Std and 12 th Std and appearing neet medical entrance exam and we are Chinese are we eligible for 371

  13. Sir, my parents are both locals (born, studied for more than 10 years and own immovable property in Gulbarga). I finished my schooling & MBBS from Bangalore. Am I eligible for reservation under the Hyderabad-Karnataka region article 371J and if so what certificate/s can I get to prove that i’m eligible? Also, is income of family/parents a criteria for reservation in this category? Thank you

  14. I m just born in Karnataka hyderabad (Bellary) region but studied outside this region. Will I still be able apply for job under this quota


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here